And here we are, like every year, waiting for the most beautiful month for Montichiari: the month of May !!
We, here at Palazzo Novello, love him particularly, because as always the whole country is in turmoil and offers many events, on the occasion of the celebrations dedicated to the patron saint of Monte Carlo, San Pancrazio.
A journey through time, which returns to the nineteenth century, to the times of Count Gaetano Bonoris, an illustrious personage who gave much to Montichiari.
Here you will find the program, which we will enrich in the coming days: on April 26, in fact, more details will be revealed!
For now, start taking note of what will happen in the 3 key days;)
• Friday 10 May h. 20:30 •
The celebrations will begin at the Bonoris Montichiari Theater with the “Gran Ballo del Conte“.
The honorable noblemen and noble ladies are invited to attend from 20.30 to 21.30 or from 21.45 to 22.45 to be gladdened here by dancing and singing.
• Saturday 11 May •
Presentation of the book “Montichiari: the long history of a building in via XXV Aprile” by Virgilio Tisi at the Council Hall of the Municipality of Montichiari at 18.00.
The celebrations will continue in Piazza Santa Maria Assunta in front of the Cathedral of Montichiari with the “Gran Ballo Monteclarense“.
The honorable noblemen and noble ladies are invited to attend from 20.30, to attend the dances and take a waltz tour.
Follow the noble procession through the streets of the historic center, accompanied by the city band, until you reach Piazza Senatore Mario Pedini to attend the pyro-musical show in honor of the patron saint Pancrazio.
• Sunday 12 May h. 10:00 – 18:00 •
They will then continue on Sunday 12, when the Count and the Nobles of the City and the Village will open their respective homes to all citizens, foreigners and people from all over the world, for a moment of celebration.
Historic cars, figurants, re-enactors, dancers and artists will show you the beauty of the splendid Montichiari.
Here are all the details and events of the day:
- In the Cathedral of Santa Maria Assunta there will be guided tours by Dr. Boifava from 14 every 30 minutes.
- In Canonica you can visit the garden all day
- At Villa Poli you will play “come ‘na olta”
- For the little ones Casa Serena will be open with animation.
- The Scuola d’Archi Pellegrino da Montichiari will animate from 3 pm at Casa Predaroli in Corso Martiri della Libertà
- At Teatro Bonoris you will be entertained by balls and dances by the Det group
- The Bonoris Castle will be open for guided tours and in the park there will be an exhibition of white weapons by the “Remeber to Live” Association of Castiglione D / S
- At 6 pm there will be a concert by the Choral “San Pancrazio Amici della Pieve” at the Pieve di San Pancrazio
- An exhibition of vintage cars will be hosted by Palazzo Monti della Pieve
- You will find waltz dances and ancient essences at Casa Botturi
- In Villa Mazzucchelli i will be an exhibition of ancient weapons
- If you like chess, at Villa Montanari the Asd Scacchi Ghedi group will guide you to the game
- “In the footsteps of Napoleon” through Palazzo Monti, the Pieve, the Foresteria, Casa Botturi and Villa Mazzucchelli we will discover the French in Montichiari
Palazzo Novello will also be open to the public, with “dejeuner sur l’herbe” composition of love letters, edited by Anna Cima, and, of course, guided tours throughout the day and nineteenth-century re-enactments.
The other places exceptionally open for the day of the Patron Saint will be the Vicolo Volti ice house, Maggi house, silent workers of the Cross and the P.A.S.T.
• Castle, Museums and Historic Villas opening hours •
Bonoris Castle and Montichiari Historical Villas will be open from 10 to 12 and from 14 to 18.
The Lechi Museum will be open from 10 to 13 and from 15 to 19.
The Risorgimento Montichiari Museum will be open from 3 to 6 pm.
The Pieve San Pancrazio will be open with guided tours from 10 to 11:30 and from 14:30 to 16.
• Saturday 18th May – late morning •
Passage of the Mille Miglia, historic classic car race
• Sunday 19th May h. 10-12, 14.30-18 •
Young and old in the Castle, to share a beautiful day with fairy tale characters!
• Information •
For more information contact:
tel. 030 9650455
Pro Loco Montichiari
tel. 334 715 0693